See also: About SMPA | Benefits | Application
& Renewal Forms
- Annual seminar which provides 8 to 10 hours
annually of Continuing Legal Education (CLE).
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) opportunities - 1.0 hour of CLE is
offered at monthly meetings.
If you can't make the meetings, you don't need to miss out on earning
your CLE. Each month we rebroadcast the previous meetings CLE presentation
online which is available anytime to SMPA members at no additional charge.
- Quarterly Publication - "The Liaison" is published quarterly
and contains educational articles, SMPA events, NALA events, as well as, articles from various
- Monthly E-Newsletter - "SMPA
Today" is provided electronically every month with CLE opportunity
announcements and other breaking news.
- Recognition as member of a professional association.
- Networking base with our 96 members in Tennessee.
- Voice in development of the paralegal profession.
- Opportunity for personal growth through interaction with likeminded
- Sustaining Members receive a link with their company logo and contact
information in our Sustaining Members
Student Scholarship awarded annually to a student currently
enrolled in a member's paralegal program within the SMPA region.
- Certified Paralegal Scholarship awarded annually to a member in good standing in an amount equal to the cost of taking the NALA Certified Paralegal examination.
- Mentor Program - Experienced paralegals mentor current and recently
graduated paralegal student members.